Welcome To Hector Info World: Nothing Other Than Latest Trends

Thursday 24 December 2015

Chelsea Players ‘Obligated’ To Perform After Mourinho Exit – Hiddink

Chelsea players ‘obligated’ to perform after Mourinho exit – Hiddink
Hiddink

Chelsea’s underperforming stars have no place at Stamford Bridge if they lack the desire to help turn the club’s nightmare season around, according to interim manager Guus Hiddink.
Hiddink’s second spell in charge of the Blues was confirmed on Saturday, two days after Jose Mourinho was sacked following a run of just four victories in 16 Premier League matches and amid what technical director Michael Emenalo described as “palpable discord” that had developed between the manager and his players.
Supporters angry at Mourinho’s departure and a perceived lack of commitment and effort from the squad booed and jeered their players even as Hiddink watched Chelsea beat Sunderland 3-1 at Stamford Bridge, with Diego Costa and Cesc Fabregas singled out for a particularly rough reception.
Speaking at a news conference on Wednesday, Hiddink claimed that Chelsea players needed to “look in the mirror” and be honest about their role in their team’s slump, and the Dutchman insists he will have no time for those who are less than fully committed to the cause.
“I am making a strong appeal to them, not begging them, but they have a profound obligation to perform,” Hiddink said. “They are here at a big club. They are well paid. They must have this heart full of desire. If they don’t have that desire, then I will say: ‘Thank you very much, goodbye.’
“I don’t need players who don’t have the desire. Theoretically, I shouldn’t be here, halfway into the season. It means things have not gone as well as had been foreseen at the beginning of the season. So I shouldn’t be here, but I am — and I’m glad to be.
“I’ve spoken fully to the squad and we talked a bit about the past. Why I’m here. The reasons why we are down. But, on the other hand, I told them I want everyone to look in the mirror, not just for two seconds but for longer, and see what they can contribute from now on to raise us up.
“We cannot ignore what has happened but I told them to look in the mirror and be hypercritical. In the two sessions I’ve overseen so far, I cannot complain about the attitude or ambition. They have to show what they are capable of and wash away the last half year.”
Hiddink will take charge of his first match since returning to Chelsea on Boxing Day when the Premier League champions welcome Watford to Stamford Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Your Comments Here