Welcome To Hector Info World: Nothing Other Than Latest Trends

Monday 21 December 2015

I Will Fight Eight-year Ban For Myself And For FIFA – Blatter

                           
I will fight eight-year ban for myself and for FIFA – Blatter
Sepp Blatter
                             

Sepp Blatter said he would fight for himself and for FIFA after he was handed an eight-year ban from all football-related activity.

Blatter, who has served as FIFA president for more than 17 years, said he would appeal with the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) and the Swiss authorities and described himself as a “punching ball.” Blatter and his one-time protege Michel Platini were kicked out of the sport for conflict of interest in a two million Swiss franc (£1.35 million) payment deal that is also the subject of a criminal investigation in Switzerland.
Shortly after the decision was announced, Blatter held an often rambling news conference in Zurich in which he vowed to clear his name.
He repeatedly referenced the late Nelson Mandela, who helped promote the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, as he called for human beings to “respect each other” while complaining that the ethics committee’s decision had been released to the media before he had been informed.
“I’m really sorry,” he said. “I’m sorry. I am sorry that I am still somewhere a punching ball. I’m sorry that I’m as president of FIFA this punching ball. I’m sorry for football.
“I am sorry for the 400-plus FIFA members. I’m sorry. I am sorry about how I am treated in this world of humanitarian qualities. I’m sorry for the Federation Internationale de Football Association.
“But I’m also sorry about me, how I’m treated in this world.”
He repeated his explanation for why Platini was paid the sum in 2011, more than nine years after he had finished working for Blatter, saying it was a gentleman’s agreement that the cash would be paid at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Your Comments Here